Monday, September 30, 2002

My first blog and what can I tell you? Hell, I don't know. I read my main man Faraji's Blogger, and it was classic Raj; biting satire and the best in fiction today. My friend Beth's Blogger entries are much like her; beautiful, warm, and smart.

But mine has to be set apart. It's gotta be different, because well, it's me.

I just came back from Albany, GA this past weekend. I was down in the Good Life city for a wedding. I stayed at the home of my intended betrothed and bonded with her and her family. As Sinatra said, "Life is good, life is good."

But, ironically enough, we had a classmate from Spelman's class of 2000 die of a heart attack. Very sad story since she was 24 years old, with nothing but life ahead of her. If anything, her passing will inspire others to live every day to the fullest, for we never know the day or time.

Morehouse is 3-2 in football. The Dallas Cowboys shocked the football world yesterday by beating the once unstoppable St. Louis Rams in St. Louis. And all the while, I just want to finish school.

At first it was cool. Then my friends kept leaving. Forcing me to get to know more people. And I am thankful for everything. Every accolade, every experience, every friend, every accomplishment. But, they'd probably be a trifle more meaningful were they received out of college. It's so past time to leave, that even saying it's time to leave is cliche'. I've never worked this hard at anything...but it's worth it, and I'm having fun.

Okay, I've got to run to Tobe Johnson's class. This Blogger entry is admittedly weak, because I did it on a lark. I hope it doesn't tarnish what little literary reputation I still have. In the future, I will write about my opinions on a variety of topics from the important to the who cares.

I'm Joe, and that's how I see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home