Wednesday, February 08, 2006

How Joe Sees It Suggests: The Ipod Nano

I love my Ipod. I really do. I carry it with me all day and I'm usually listening to it, or wondering what other music I can load on it.

My approach to my Ipod, which is named 'Electric Relaxation' is rooted in my love for mixing up music. I normally play it on shuffle, so that the constant surprise of the music that I've chosen for the day greets me in that perfect way that only the Ipod can.

I've got a little bit of everything, and I love it when Yolonda Adams's 'His Name Is Jesus' is followed by Aaron Copland's 'Fanfare for the Common Man' which is followed by Jay-Z's classic 'Dead Presidents 2.' Pure bliss I tell you, pure bliss.

I try my best not to put too much music by one artist on Electric Relaxation, and because of the fact that I have the 2GB, I really can't give up the room for every song on a CD like my friend Caishe who has album after album on his. No, not for me. I like to pick and choose, and perhaps use the alternate take of Miles Davis's 'Flamenco Sketches' or 'Y'all Scared' by OutKast instead of the insanely popular 'Hey Ya' or 'All Blues.'

The sleek black frame and small and unassuming design of Electric Relaxation usually gets quite a rise from people when they feel how light it is. I've got pictures on there, contacts, a calendar. I use it to its fullest extent.

Here's a sampling of what's currently on the Electric Relaxation today...

Fruit of Islam - Terrence Blanchard - Malcolm X Soundtrack
Uncle Fucka - Terrence & Phillip - South Park Soundtrack
Who's Loving You - Terrence Trent D'Arby - The Hardline According to TTD
Stay Fly - 36 Mafia - Most Known Unknown
Cryin' - Aerosmith - Eat The Rich
Head Over Feet - Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little Pill

Like Ferris said, "It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly recommend it."

I'm Joe and that's how I see it.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, February 12, 2006 1:52:00 PM , Blogger enigma said...

add van hunt "seconds of pleasure" ...great song

 

Post a Comment

<< Home