Thursday, July 24, 2003

Thoughts and Opinions...

The people, things or occurrences that I miss...

My grandparents
Innocence
The times when I could do no wrong
Watching boxing with my Dad
JC Love, III
The way my brother would hit me and then run
How my sister smelled when she was a baby
Sports Tonight on CNN with my Dad
Watching 227 with my Mom
Probate shows where I knew everybody
A Different World in primetime
Driving the 325
Golf everyday
Lakehill Preparatory School
Michael Bridgeman and Jeffrey Lyles's room in Drew
William Ray Taylor
Field Day at Greenhill
Mitch Vaughan, Hampton Cude, Aaron Scott, Josh Harris, Josh Carroll, Scott Nye, Del Johnson, John Lewis, Jay Savage, Will DeShazer, James Hawkins, Rob Wiles, Michael Birenbaum, Miles Gunter
Boy Scout Meetings on Saturdays and the football games afterwards
Aunt Lisa and Twyla Jewell
My apartment at the Howard Plaza Towers
Fishing in Mississippi
Going to the mall with Raj
Ben Dyson, before he was a doctor
When only the Ques and the Sigmas were on the yard
Trying to make line
The 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995 Dallas Cowboys
Memorial Day parties at Tim Owens's house
Riding shotgun with my Dad
Capers with Josh and Aaron
Jeffrey Lyles, Braeden Trottman, Marcel Hillie, Kyle Holland, Brandon Easterling, Craig 'Savoy' Brummer, Vince Buckles, James Jones, Jr., Ahmad Lockett, Marlon Jones, Che Antoine Sayles, Terrance Johnson, Shaun Cabbell, Marcus 'Kris' Oliver, The DMPs
Mindless journeys with Hampton
Watching Nolan Ryan pitch
The belief in the hope of a good Mavericks team
Brandy Gail Lincoln
The Summer of 2000
Christie Fletcher, Lucciana Mashore, Oronde Chandler, Tangelica Sneed, Danette Greenwood, Lauren LaShawnn Jones, Heather Adams, Tralonne Shorter
Beatles songs
Watching 'When Harry Met Sally' on first dates
Illmatic when it was fresh and new
The gentlemen that resided on the 4th Floor of Mays Hall with me
Listening to Paul Simon's 'Graceland' in my 7th grade carpool to and from school
Watching 'Broadcast News' and wishing I could one day live in DC
Georgetown on Saturday afternoons
Hamburger Hamlet
Going to Pentagon City with Jimmy and Dorian
Morehouse-Howard Homecoming
The Texas State Fair
When Charlice's last name was only Noble
My birthday in 2002
Going to Brooks Brothers on a regular basis
The Seasons
The feel of a new Maroon Tiger


There are places I'll remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
All these places have their moments
With lovers and friends I still can recall
Some are dead and some are living
In my life I've loved them all

But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more

Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more
In my life I love you more

Lennon & McCartney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home