Monday, May 23, 2005

Myintrotoletyouknow

It's Monday and what can I tell you?

Two weeks ago, I saw Crash. Loved it very much. Excellent picture about life in Los Angeles. It was the best movie I'd seen about LA since the original Crash, "Grand Canyon." Do your history and check that one out too.

Saw Star Wars III. I liked it. It didn't change my life, but it was definitely entertaining, and had a culminating effect, ya know? My big question is this though, "Does wearing authentic Star Wars garb and lightsabers enhance the movie in any way?" I have seen every Star Wars in the theater in its original theatrical release. That's right; 1977 at Northtown Movies in Dallas, TX, 1980 at Northpark 1 & 2 in Dallas, TX, 1983 at Furneaux Creek Movies in Dallas, TX, 1999 at CNN Center in Atlanta, 2002 at Magic Johnson Theatres in Atlanta and 2005 at Startyme Entertainment Center in Alpharetta. You can call me an anomoly. You can call me a pioneer. You can even call me a fan, but I've grown past the fanatic stage that I saw many people my age in.

I'm really looking forward to the release of Common's new CD 'Be' which drops tonight at midnight. I will most certainly be at Tower to pick it up.

I watched 'Desperate Housewives' last night. Admittedly, it was entertaining, albeit the second episode I've ever watched, but entertaining nonetheless. I'm very proud for Teri Hatcher, because I remember her fondly on Seinfeld and in the film Soapdish. It goes to show you that if you keep knocking, the door will eventually open. 'They're real, and they're spectacular!' However, after watching DH, I stuck around for 'Grey's Anatomy.' I hope that several million other tv watchers did the same, because it is an excellent show. Great ensemble cast. Great performances. Fun, hip writing. Enjoyable all around.

VH1 Soul is one of the greatest television innovations. VH1 used to devote an hour to R&B music with their fledgling but good 'The Soul of VH1'. Then someone had the brilliant idea to devote a whole channel to the music. Yet another in a series of great moves by the good people at VH1. Granted I work for the rival company, Clear Channel, but hey, when you're right, you're right.

Oh yes, my Mavs. We played valiantly. We played tough and gave away the last game. It was ours, and we were too afraid of the next step. We won't be next year though. We proved we are tough enough, we now just have to BELIEVE that we are tough enough. Jason Terry is my Mav of the Year. And I never thought I'd say this, but we should keep Avery Johnson.

I'm Joe and that's how I see it.

PS
Entourage is another great new reason to watch TV.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home