Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Bear with me

I just have to get this down...

In December 1993...

I wore shorts at H.U. The weather was balmy right before we went home. I remember my main man Jimmy and I rocked the Gap shorts on our way to the library to study for our Psych exam which I failed. I bought Madden 1994, because back then, that's when the games used to come out, in December. I bought 'Christmas Interpretations', and put my boy Gene (genoyoung.com) down with it. I was supposed to meet Michelle Marion in the cafe, but I played it too cool like I had more important things to do. I regretted the decision in January. The Cowboys went 4-0. I went home and was still the toast of the town. Boone's Farm was beginning to lose its luster...a little bit. New Year's eve with the old crew.

In December 1994...

It was cold in D.C. I was feuding with Benji. Me and D were tighter than ever. Tim was growing on me. Suite 603 was the most important thing to me. I got some Arturo Fuentes as a Christmas gift. I went to the Moorland-Spingarn Reading Room to have the showdown. D went with me for more support ('I love you for that my n****, no matter what' - Jay-Z, The Blueprint). Calvin Klein jeans. We bought Madden 95. My roommate went home early. Went on a double date with Jimmy, his girl and a girl from Houston with the mean walk, just to avoid the Suite 603 party. The blue peacoat from Structure was the key part of my look. I sported facial hair. I hated the 49ers. The Contract with America was kicking off. I saw Paula Jones on the local Fox channel talking about dealings with Clinton, I thought nothing of it. New Year's eve with Josh and Aaron.

In December 1995...

Emmitt broke the TD record in Arizona on Christmas night. 4&1 at the Vet. CI came to Dallas for Christmas. I went to Tom and Bert's Christmas Eve party and returned home well after midnight. I tore the ligaments in my left leg falling down 14 steps at home. I met David Robinson and Avery Johnson at Reunion Arena. 6 Mavs games...courtside baby.

In December 1996...

I saw Jerry Maguire. Reunited. It snowed at Morehouse. New Year's eve in downtown Dallas.

In December 1997...

Christma Carol Concerts...every damn night. Christmas gifts a plenty. Got new cowboy boots from parents. Abercrombie Christmas for the Carlos kids. Dad threatened to sign me up for the Navy if I didn't start acting right.

In December 1998...

Broke. Afraid I wouldn't get home. Wasted tons of money trying to impress people. Hung with Vin extra tight. Went to Alabama. Went home. Broke rules. Endangered trusts. Bought some longhorns for the apartment.

In December 1999...

Nutcracker Suite. Kept the fire kindled. Mistake after mistake after mistake. Received muffins from a good friend. BJ gave me clothes. D helped me out with extra dough for the flight. D and I had Antoy's car. Went out 5 times in as many days. Deuce Bigalow at Magic Johnson. New Year's Eve on White Rock Lake...like old times.

In December 2000...

Lunch at Murphy's. I had Raj's car. The Triplex was cold and lonely. Toy came to Dallas.

In December 2001...

Raj graduated. Glad to be home.

In December 2002...

Bralyn got commissioned. We met Earl Graves.

In December 2003...

Metro-Manhattan Links Christmas party. They caught Hussein. Studying for finals. I passed all of my classes. I didn't get to see Simon & Garfunkel. I cried when Joi left. I got the BMW. Lekan helped me out. At watch service at church, I told the congregation that I would indeed graduate...which I did.

In December 2004...

Spence is back. Short vacation. Work, work, work. Where was George? I missed my guys. JC came back.

I'm Joe and that's how I see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home