Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Straight from the pages of George's Blog

Dear Summer,
I know you gon' miss me...

Just kidding. George, I told you I would bite off of you, because the idea's too good to waste. So, here are my guilty pleasures...

1. Watching the DVD of my baccalaureate service from Morehouse
2. US Weekly



3. Going into Sharper Image. As of this day, December 13th, 2005 I have never, ever bought anything from there despite having gone into Sharper Image in 13 different U.S. cities over the past 18 years.
4. Google. No need to explain.
5. Bruster's Ice Cream. Double Chocolate Chunk with crushed Reece's Peanut Butter cups
6. Delilah's radio show. I got hooked on this show during the 1997-98 school year. www.delilah.com.
7. Talking industry with Tash
8. Riding by my old house from College, The 145.
9. Yo Crunch Vanilla Yogurt with Reece's Pieces
10. Everyone Loves Raymond
11. Being a Yankees fan
12. Vicarious living
13. Target
14. Midnight runs to Wal-Mart for more Yo Crunch
15. Picture sites
16. The music of Neil Diamond ("Hello, My Friend, Hello", "Sweet Caroline", "America", "Girl, You'll Be A Woman Soon")



17. 80s and 90s movies about life in New York. Despite what my brother says, this was our first outlet to life in New York. And we, being southwestern raised cosmopolitan African Americans, felt that the education that we received from the movies was 100% accurate. You have to remember that we're talking about a place and time that if you'd actually visited New York, you were seen as worldly.
18. Anything by Woody Allen
19. Christmas music...year round
20. The music of NFL Films
21. The bathroom at the Macy's Men's Shop at Atlanta's Lenox Square Mall
22. Every now and then, walking to Harkness Hall at Clark Atlanta University, and reciting Larry Fishburne's opening monologue from 'School Daze.' If you don't know what I'm talking about, stop right now. Get in your car or on mass transit, and head to the nearest Blockbuster, and rent 'School Daze.' Come home. Insert the movie into the DVD player, sit back and learn.



23. Overuse of lines from the films of Woody Allen, Spike Lee and Wes Anderson
24. "Hitch"
25. "Friends"
26. Secretly digging Kanye. It's the conflict that grips us all, but I feel that I must admit it.
27. Remembering time periods by semester.
28. The over organization of my files on my computer. Far too many folders.
29. I keep everything.
30. My memory.
31. My pride in other HBCU's.

I'm Joe, and that's how I see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home