Saturday, March 18, 2006

What a difference a day makes



I remember watching an episode of Letterman one night, where Jerry Seinfeld was talking about the Deion Sanders trade to Dallas. He mentioned how when a great player is on an opposing team, fans hate him, but when he moves to your town and is on your team, you love him. I understand fully.

Terrell Owens is the newest members of my favorite team in the world, the Dallas Cowboys. Personally, I couldn't be happier. We were a somewhat serious contender, and now we are a DEFINITE contender, at least that's what I keep reading on all of the newswires.

This is eerily reminiscent of a huge acquisition in 1995 when a somewhat controversial man named...Deion Sanders...came from a rival team (See...Niners), and that same year the Dallas Cowboys won the Super Bowl over the Pittsburgh Steelers.

But, now it's 2006, and things are a little different. However, it will be one helluva ride with old #81 on the sideline. Personally, I will love every moment of it.

I'm Joe and that's how I see it.

Oh yeah, before I forget...yesterday T.O.'s site, www.terrellowens.com, had green accents (and it wasn't because of St. Patrick's Day), but now it's my favorite color...Cowboy Blue.

3 Comments:

At Sunday, March 19, 2006 2:08:00 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Joe,
Happy to see TO made it to Dallas. Funny reading your previous blog and saying you saw him and said you needed him in Dallas. Guess he listened. On another note, Ray and I went to that Guy last night. You REALLY need to get on it and see this one. I'll even donate to the cause lol

 
At Monday, March 20, 2006 9:57:00 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

T.O. continues to defy the law of sowing and reaping it seems; seems like he continuously gets REWARDED FOR HIS BUFFOONERY. (Guess you can tell I'm not a T.O. fan, lol) Also, I don't think it's fair to compare Deion to Terrell. I don't recall Deion EVER mistreating his teammates and creating so much havoc on the teams he was WITH, like ya boy. T.O. is a disgrace. If this fool couldn't act right with a talented BLACK quarterback in McNabb, don't know what makes folk think he'll suddenly change now. And Dallas' move to sign him just shows that it really is more about the chi-ching than principle (as he is the one who danced on the star, remember?) Lol. This whole thing is just so funny to me. I'm not rooting for him, I hope he proves that there is no reward in being ignorant.

Just my lil opinion...

Gen

 
At Monday, March 20, 2006 6:30:00 PM , Blogger Joe said...

Actually Gen, I didn't say that they were similar. I said that the situations were similar. And if you recall, or if you were following the Cowboys during the off-season in the summer of 1995, Deion Sanders was controversial because he had bolted from his former Falcon team, been 'flashy', cheated several times during the 1995 NFC Championship game against the Cowboys, and in particular while defending Michael Irvin, and essentially, in Dallas, where I'm from, he was deemed 'persona non grata.' However, once Jerry acquired him from the Niners, we loved him. And since I've been a Dallas Cowboys fan since 1978, I can safely say that it seems eerily reminiscent of the trade from 1995.

Whether or not T.O. played with an African American quarterback is of no consequence. The facts on the table today are that at times he can be unstable on the sidelines and in the locker room, but on the field, he's the best in the league. Jerry couldn't pass up the opportunity. I'm a Cowboy fan, so I'm used to people second guessing us and the decisions that Jerry makes with his money. But bringing race into it is pointless, erroneous and irrelevant. If it blows up in Jerry's face, so be it, it's his money anyway. What do you care?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home